Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Best of 2015: Weddings!

I still can't believe how much my business has grown this year. For those of you who have followed me from the beginning, you already know that a year ago, Staley Photography didn't even exist! It was just a dream, a whimsical thought, a possibility. Then it happened... I second shot a wedding for a friend in March and was hooked. From there, it's been a whirlwind of website building, bookings, learning how to run a business, and soaking in as much photography information as physically possible. I found photographers online whose work I absolutely LOVED, and stalked them on social media like a crazy person. Even as I'm writing this, it feels like it's been so much longer! I quit my job last month and am now doing photography and managing my husband's wedding DJ business full time. There are days when I feel like I'm failing, like I'm not booking enough, or my pictures aren't exactly where I want them to be. But then I remember... I've only been a wedding photographer for a year! I shot ten weddings in 2015 and with each one, I became more comfortable with the flow of the  wedding day and with my strategy from behind the lens.

I've written about how my new brand launching January 1 will be centered around joy... joyful moments that deserve to be captured and remembered forever. These photos aren't all tack sharp, perfectly edited, or perfectly composed... after all, some of them were taken at my first solo wedding EVER! But every image in this post encapsulates joy, whether it be a tear as a bride walks down the aisle to the man of her dreams... a breathtaking diamond or wedding detail... a laugh of delight as the bride realizes that her wedding day is finally here!!! Some of these memories are special to me because I remember getting the shot and feeling so proud of how it turned out! Enjoy the best of 2015!



SHARE:
© Michelle Joy Photo. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig